The earlier, the better! Some periods or weeks can sell-out quickly, so try to reserve your place as soon as possible during these times to avoid disappointment. Depending on availability, short-notice bookings are also possible. Courses can be booked directly in our office, by phone, by e-mail or online.
We offer ski group courses for children from three years. Experience has shown that children under the age of 3 are too young to be taught easily in a group environment. For these children it is,
however, possible to book a private instructor.
You can also take the first steps on skis with your child in the Kids’ Park without an Instructor. For children from 3-4 years, we offer 1.5 hour Snowli group courses in the morning.
For children from 4 years, we offer a 3-hour group course in the morning.
The minimum age for snowboard lessons is 8 years. Private lessons for younger children are possible upon request.
Apart from age, performance level is the most important factor when assigning children into the correct group. Should your child or your child's friends be at the same level, please inform the respective instructor on the first day during the group assigning process.
If the children are not at the same skill level, the better skier would have to join a lower skill group to meet the requirements of the weaker child.
Many of our guests are repeat guests. Children receive a certificate or a Ski School booklet. First grouping in the office occurs based on the awards received. For those who are at the Swiss Ski School Saas-Almagell for the first time, grouping occurs after oral discussions and estimation of skills, age and language. An on-snow assessment will take place on Monday morning to validate the original assessment. If the assigned group does not seem to be appropriate, you can of course change the group at any time.
The SaastalCard is a guest card, which you receive from your apartment host or the hotel reception. Holders of the SaastalCard enjoy numerous reductions in different businesses in the entire Saas Valley like cable cars, indoor pool, parking garage, and more. Importantly: you must present the SaastalCard in order to receive these reductions!
Further information: SaastalCard (saas-fee.ch)
No. The Ski School does not have a ski rental shop. There are two sports shops in Saas-Almagell. We have a good cooperation with all of them, but there are no special reductions for ski course guests. Ask at your accommodation for possible reductions on ski rental fees as many have agreements with specific rental shops for reductions on rental equipment. Here you'll find the addresses of the ski rental shops.
With your help, it will be easier for your child to get used to the Ski School.
- Prepare your child for Ski School, to ensure a relaxing start to the week ahead.
- Bring your child to the meeting point on time and be punctual when picking your child up.
- Warm clothes, dry gloves and ski boots, good sunglasses or googles, as well as suncream are especially important.
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory for under 18s.
- On the first day, give your child the lesson ticket with your mobile number on it.
- Please report allergies or health restrictions to the instructor at the start of the first lesson.
- Trust the Ski Instructor. They are experienced in helping your child to get acquainted with the group environment, the equipment and the snow.
- Leave your child alone with the Ski Instructor during the course time. You are welcome to watch from the distance.
- It is the responsibility of course participants to hold accident and liability insurance.
Information, reservation and ticket sales in the Ski School Office in the village square.
Please read our T&Cs and notes about rates and courses.